Enviro-Septic® is a cost-effective new or replacement wastewater treatment system for the State of Massachusetts.
Dealers and DistributorsIn the State of Massachusetts Presby Environmental sells through a network of dealers and distributors. For a complete list, go to the Massachusetts Dealer and Distributor page.
Certification Training ClassesPresby Environmental and the Massachusetts DEP require all designers and installers of this system to be certified. It is highly recommended that those involved in the approval/permitting process also attend. Certification is obtained by attending the "Enviro-Septic® Designer and Installer Certification Course" presented by Presby Environmental, Inc., or its sanctioned representatives. To view the class schedule and certification options available click here. As an important part of your training, please watch this orientation video by the inventor David W. Presby Presby Environmental, Advanced Enviro-Septic® (AES®)
CEUs/ TCHs May ApplyIf not listed below, please contact the agency (requiring continuing education credits) directly to verify whether or not credit is offered for this course. Credit currently offered by:
- Berkshire County Board of Health: Annual Installer re-certification
- NEIWPCC: for both Massachusetts approved System Inspectors and Soil Evaluators, approved course # T507-0015 (2 TCHs)
- Septic & Sewer Supplies, our Massachusetts Distributor
Manuals and ApprovalsEnviro-Septic®: Massachusetts Enviro-Septic Design and Installation Manual (2011 edition). The Enviro-Septic® Wastewater Treatment System Massachusetts Design and Installation Manual must be used to design/install an Enviro-Septic® system. An explanation of the Enviro-Septic® manual changes since 2006 is available by clicking here. Advanced Enviro-Septic® SAS: Massachusetts Advanced Enviro-Septic Design and Installation Manual (2013). The Advanced Enviro-Septic® Wastewater Treatment System Massachusetts Design and Installation Manual must be used to design/install an Advanced Enviro-Septic® system. Advanced Enviro-Septic® STU Equivalent: Massachusetts Advanced Enviro-Septic STU Equivalent Design and Installation Manual (2014). The Advanced Enviro-Septic® STU Equivalent Massachusetts Design and Installation Manual" must be used to design/install an Advanced Enviro-Septic® Alternative SAS with Treatment system. Simple-Septic®: Massachusetts Simple-Septic 2014 Design & Installation Manual. The Simple-Septic® Wastewater Treatment System Design and Installation Manual must be used to design/install a Simple-Septic® System.
Forms and Checklists
Installers of Enviro-Septic® Systems must
- Provide Presby Environmental, Inc., and the local approving authority with a copy of a completed "System Installation Form" for each new or remedial system installed. Click here to download.
- Provide the system owner and the local approving authority with a bill of lading certifying that the sand fill meets ASTM C-33 standards.
Designers of Enviro-Septic® Systems must
- Provide the System owner with copies of the State's Certification for General Use and/or Approval for Remedial Use. Please call Presby Environmental at 800-473-5298 for a copy the State's Certification for General Useand/or Approval for Remedial Use.
- Provide the System owner with a copy of the system "Operating Manual". Click here to download.
- Provide the System owner with a copy of the "Technology Checklist". Click here to download.