Presby Environmental's commitment to sustainability is integral to the creation, manufacturing and performance of our products.
"A century ago, the average American used only about 10 gallons of water a day to drink, cook, clean, and bathe. Today, Americans use 100 gallons a day per person on average, causing stresses on our sources of drinking water."
[caption id="attachment_5446" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="The Price of Clean Drinking Water"][/caption]
Advanced Enviro-Septic™ Achieves NSF Standard 40 Class I CertificationThe performance of Advanced Enviro-Septic™ (AES) is proven to exceed US EPA guidelines and the effluent quality standards of NSF Standard 40 Class I, and BNQ (Advanced Secondary) in Canada. The treated wastewater has been purified to such a high degree that it can be safely reused for some irrigation applications or naturally recharge water resources. No electricity, mechanical device or replacement media is needed to achieve these outstanding results.
Use of Recycled Plastic and Eco-Friendly ManufacturingPresby Environmental, Inc. and Presby Plastics, Inc. are the exclusive manufacturers of AES and Enviro-Septic® pipe.
- The manufacture of our products uses 30% recycled materials that are not acceptable for most manufacturing purposes
- By using recycled material, PEI prevents millions of pounds or more of plastic from going into a landfill every year
- We are committed to using responsible manufacturing processes and conserving natural resources in all our business operations
- Presby Environmental recently donated containers that enabled a local school district to implement a plastic recycling program
Preserving the SiteAES's and Enviro-Septic®'s advanced treatment capabilities and design flexibility minimizes the impact on the site.
- Smaller treatment field
- No electricity or mechanical parts
- No special maintenance
- Blends into unusual configurations and sloping terrain
- Can be installed by hand, cutting heavy equipment fuel costs and protecting sensitive areas from surface damage
- Releases highly purified wastewater that protects soil and groundwater
Onsite Wastewater Treatment Technology is an Important Part of a Sustainable FutureOnsite wastewater treatment is now recognized as the future of wastewater treatment. Centralized plants are being replaced or supplemented with decentralized treatment systems. The benefits of onsite treatment are many considering the scale of the centralized plants and the associated infrastructure needed for large, sprawling populations.
- Wastewater is treated near the point of origin, reducing costs of long distance export to a treatment plant along with the cost of importing the clean water back to the point of origin
- Individual and cluster systems are designed to meet present need
- Project planning and installation times are short
- No need for massive and costly pipeline and pump station infrastructure
LEED ParticipationPresby Environmental, Inc. was a proud sponsor of one of the first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified homes in the state of New Hampshire. This demonstration home was showcased at the Parade of Homes in October, 2007 and received a "Silver" LEED certification. LEED is a national rating system that ranks the design, construction and performance of green buildings, including homes. Certifications are based on environmentally-friendly building practices, including site sustainability, water efficiency and energy resources. The Enviro-Septic® Wastewater Treatment System was selected for the LEED home due to its minimal site impact, zero energy consumption and high level of environmental protection.
Earth Day 2010 - PEI Personnel spent their afternoon picking up litter along three miles of roadways in the vicinity of our plant, collecting 40 bags of trash.
Northern New England Small Business Alliance - PEI is proud to be the founding member of NNESBA, a rapidly-growing alliance of small businesses dedicated to creating a stronger business community and regional economic growth. Visit www.nnesba.com to learn more or to become a member.
Charitable Donations - PEI has provided free or discounted materials to many charities, including several Habitat for Humanity projects, animal shelters, and other non-profit organizations.